Sunday, October 24, 2004

UK paper The Guardian: Assassinate Bush

As you may have heard by now, a column in the UK’s Guardian by liberal lunatic Charlie Brooker has essentially called for the assassination of our president.

After Brooker dispenses with his intro (“The rest of the world bangs its head against the floorboards screaming ‘Please God, not Bush!’”) he moves on to discuss the possibility of Bush’s having worn a wire during the debates (to get help from his offstage cronies).

“Quite frankly, the man's either wired or mad. If it's the former, he should be flung out of office: tarred, feathered and kicked in the nuts. And if it's the latter, his behaviour goes beyond strange, and heads toward terrifying…Each time he recalls a statistic (either from memory or the voice in his head), he flashes us a dumb little smile, like a toddler proudly showing off its first bowel movement. Forgive me for employing the language of the playground, but the man's a tool.”


Brooker then complains that the US media failed in its responsibility by just letting the “wire” story die. The column rambles on, applying a few more epithets to Bush, and then we get the closer: “John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. - where are you now that we need you?”

I was going to add an explanation here, but that last line speaks for itself.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger Nick Speth said...

Of course now the Guardian has a nice little apology in place of the original story, letting us know that the suggestion that Bush be assasinated was "intended as an ironic joke, not as a call to action."

Alot of truth is said in jest, and Mr. Brooker has revealed a lot more about his true feelings than he wanted.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Pedicone, Anthony T. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Pedicone, Anthony T. said...

Dan,

I was just sent a link to your "An Army of One" article in the Weekly Standard. I would like to applaud you, not only for your writing skills, but for your outspoken support of what is right.
I also fight the battle you do, although not against such formidable odds. At Fairfield Prep, I am lucky to be in an environment where there is about a 2:1 ratio of Republicans to Democrats. While I do not necessarily subscribe to either party, my views more closely align with the Republicans. This frequently has caused massive arguements, most noticeably at the lunch table where loud, heated debates have ensued between me and two liberals.
The problems do not end there however. Once I leave the comfort of my table of friends, I am assaulted in the classroom. My history teacher worships China and bashes America, Bush and Reagan... My English teacher called my copy of the Wall Street Journal a "piece of sh*t" and said that it was "only good for cat litter."... My Social Ethics teacher routinely tries to blame all of the world's problems on the Republicans while he supports Communism... The computer system adminstrator flat out said, "I hate Bush."
While hearing all of these outrageous comments may deter or corrupt other students, I have found ways to react against the massive liberal push of the teachers. My car has an American flag, a "Support our Troops" ribbon and a Bush Cheney '04 bumper sticker. I intentionally park my vehicle in the most prominent spot in the student lot facing the teacher lot. I also decorate my rear window with a Bush Cheney '04 lawn sign from time to time. I have also written many articles for classes and the conservative school newspaper. While this stirs much controversy and animosity, it is good to know that I am right.
Once again, I applaud your efforts at Amity. By presenting clear facts at every opportunity, you give all of us who share your struggle a good name. Good luck in all of your future endevours.

Anthony T. Pedicone
Fairfield Prep

P.S. Here are some sites that may be useful to you:
Students for Academic FreedomProtest WarriorFront Page Magazine

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Warner Family Views said...

The Guardian "assassinates" George Bush?? Time to take a vallium, Republican Dan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home